I’m a Product Design Lead at TrueMoney Wallet (part of the Ascend Group). I am a hands-on design leader serving a small team of designers on the core consumer wallet and am responsible for design operations. Like a good UX designer, I’m a multi-disciplinary generalist with particular experience in interaction design, research, and visual design. I practice across the entire design process, from research and wireframes, through prototyping & detailed UI work, collaborating with cross-functional, international teams throughout the user-centered design practice.
I believe in the user experience process and iterating on products with a customer focus. With that, the outcome is often a well-designed service, or product audiences want to use. The impact of UX on the day-to-day lives of billions of people is fantastic and sobering. I love what I do.
When I’m not attached to my computer, I like to hang with Chris and travel around Asia. I get oddly excited about technology like facial recognition, mesh networks, and graphite pencils. (HB pencils are the best, IMHO.)
Sawadee khrup. Currently I’m in Bangkok, Thailand.
Digital Product Design
Every day I am motivated by the opportunity to design smart, well-conceived interfaces. My combined experience at multi-national companies, agencies, start-ups, and public relations firms has taught me to design around big ideas with both design and data to create beautiful, user-centered, and engaging experiences.
Core Competencies Include:
UX Design / User Interface & Interaction Design / UX Research / Design Thinking / Product Design / Art Direction / Information Architecture / Prototyping / Analysis / Usability / Agile
Product Design Lead
TrueMoney Wallet (Ascend Group) / Bangkok, Thailand / February 2020 – Present
- Lead a small team of designers and a content writer and provide mentorship for two design leads and three international designers
- Ensure UX design activities are executed at high-quality levels, priority setting, and managing scope; often leading by example in the creation of design documentation for definition and planning, visual mock-ups and interactive prototypes, design QA, and launch
- Responsible for design management and operations with a focus on tools to improve processes, design systems, and research ops
- Conduct UX research to understand customer behavior and needs, uncover pain points and improve our customer experience
Senior UX Designer, Manager
Lazada Group (Acquired by Alibaba) / Bangkok, Thailand and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam / April 2017 – January 2020
- Collaborate with product owners, business partners, designers, and engineers to create elegant design solutions for real customer needs.
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, prototypes, or other methods as needed, with support using available insights including customer feedback, quantitative data and site metrics, and usability findings. Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mock-ups, and prototypes that communicate high-level strategies, user needs, and detailed interaction behaviors.
Digital Product Manager, UX/UI
ExpatGoGo / Singapore / August 2015 – October 2016
ExpatGoGo is the Q&A resource where expats, travelers, and explorers go for answers and information. Our platform offered a web-based solution for expats to ask a question; receive answers from more experienced travelers and “pioneers”; and select the best, most appropriate answer.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of our system and iOS application throughout their lifecycles, including gathering and prioritizing business and audience requirements; and defining the product vision, position, and (re)introductions
- Optimized product with ongoing testing and reporting to increase usability and conversions (including microinteractions, copywriting, and typography)
- Worked closely with sales, marketing, and operations to acquire, engage and retain users
- Managed product integrations, launches, and changes with a team of 7 developers in Vietnam using Agile development methodologies and very bad attempts at Vietnamese
User Experience Design Lead
reserveout / Amman, Jordan / September 2014 – May 2015
reserveout is an online restaurant reservation platform serving the Middle East.
UX Lead / Art Director
YAAB / Amman, Jordan / July 2013 – August 2014
YAAB is a digital media company with the mission of increasing the amount of Arabic content on the web. I oversee product life cycles from a UX perspective across multiple platforms and iterations for a primarily Arabic audience.
- Tasked with improving the user experience for the Namy Messaging App with UX-based research findings and deliverables for a better, more user-friendly product
- Responsible for the user interface design of complex content management systems that cater to Arabic journalists
- As UX lead, develop UX standards and best practices for a diverse and distributed team
Senior Interaction Designer
Forum One / Alexandria, VA / October 2012 – July 2014
Forum One is a digital agency that crafts solutions for organizations in health, education & global development.
- Design high-impact, user-centered interfaces with strong emotional appeal, and interactions to maximize user engagement and cement powerful brand identities not typically seen in the healthcare, education, or government sector
- Create high-quality mock-ups and presentations, demonstrating the ability to balance design aesthetics and open-source technical capabilities and limitations
- Standardize information design documentation and facilitate sharing and adoption throughout the agency
User Interface Designer
Unison Agency / Washington, DC / March 2012 – October 2012
- Front-end development skills, HTML5, CSS3/SASS & responsive design techniques, to create interactive prototypes
Web & Graphic Designer
Seven Twenty Strategies / Washington, DC / September 2010 – June 2011
- Create compelling, message-driven websites, infographics, and print designs for Public Affairs/Public Relations clients like GSK, BlueCross/BlueShield, and PhRMA
- Bachelor of Arts, Visual Arts
- University of Maryland—Baltimore County, Catonsville, MD