I’m a Product Design Lead at TrueMoney Wallet (part of the Ascend Group). I am a hands-on design leader serving a small team of designers on the core consumer wallet and am responsible for design operations. Like a good UX designer, I’m a multi-disciplinary generalist with particular experience in interaction design, research, and visual design. I practice across the entire design process, from research and wireframes, through prototyping & detailed UI work, collaborating with cross-functional, international teams throughout the user-centered design practice.
I believe in the user experience process and iterating on products with a customer focus. With that, the outcome is often a well-designed service, or product audiences want to use. The impact of UX on the day-to-day lives of billions of people is fantastic and sobering. I love what I do.
When I’m not attached to my computer, I like to hang with Chris and travel around Asia. I get oddly excited about technology like facial recognition, mesh networks, and graphite pencils. (HB pencils are the best, IMHO.)
Digital Product Design
Every day I am motivated by the opportunity to design smart, well-conceived interfaces. My combined experience at multi-national companies, agencies, start-ups, and public relations firms has taught me to design around big ideas with both design and data to create beautiful, user-centered, and engaging experiences.
Core Competencies Include:
UX Design / User Interface & Interaction Design / UX Research / Design Thinking / Product Design / Art Direction / Information Architecture / Prototyping / Analysis / Usability / Agile
Product Design Lead
TrueMoney Wallet (Ascend Group) / Bangkok, Thailand / February 2020 – August 2023
- Lead a small team of designers and a content writer and provide mentorship for two design leads and three international designers
- Ensure UX design activities are executed at high-quality levels, priority setting, and managing scope; often leading by example in the creation of design documentation for definition and planning, visual mock-ups and interactive prototypes, design QA, and launch
- Responsible for design management and operations with a focus on tools to improve processes, design systems, and research ops
- Conduct UX research to understand customer behavior and needs, uncover pain points and improve our customer experience
Senior UX Designer, Manager
Lazada Group (Acquired by Alibaba) / Bangkok, Thailand and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam / April 2017 – January 2020
- Collaborate with product owners, business partners, designers, and engineers to create elegant design solutions for real customer needs.
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, prototypes, or other methods as needed, with support using available insights including customer feedback, quantitative data and site metrics, and usability findings. Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mock-ups, and prototypes that communicate high-level strategies, user needs, and detailed interaction behaviors.
Digital Product Manager, UX/UI
ExpatGoGo / Singapore / August 2015 – October 2016
ExpatGoGo is the Q&A resource where expats, travelers, and explorers go for answers and information. Our platform offered a web-based solution for expats to ask a question; receive answers from more experienced travelers and “pioneers”; and select the best, most appropriate answer.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of our system and iOS application throughout their lifecycles, including gathering and prioritizing business and audience requirements; and defining the product vision, position, and (re)introductions
- Optimized product with ongoing testing and reporting to increase usability and conversions (including microinteractions, copywriting, and typography)
- Worked closely with sales, marketing, and operations to acquire, engage and retain users
- Managed product integrations, launches, and changes with a team of 7 developers in Vietnam using Agile development methodologies and very bad attempts at Vietnamese
User Experience Design Lead
reserveout / Amman, Jordan / September 2014 – May 2015
reserveout is an online restaurant reservation platform serving the Middle East.
UX Lead / Art Director
YAAB / Amman, Jordan / July 2013 – August 2014
YAAB is a digital media company with the mission of increasing the amount of Arabic content on the web. I oversee product life cycles from a UX perspective across multiple platforms and iterations for a primarily Arabic audience.
- Tasked with improving the user experience for the Namy Messaging App with UX-based research findings and deliverables for a better, more user-friendly product
- Responsible for the user interface design of complex content management systems that cater to Arabic journalists
- As UX lead, develop UX standards and best practices for a diverse and distributed team
Senior Interaction Designer
Forum One / Alexandria, VA / October 2012 – July 2014
Forum One is a digital agency that crafts solutions for organizations in health, education & global development.
- Design high-impact, user-centered interfaces with strong emotional appeal, and interactions to maximize user engagement and cement powerful brand identities not typically seen in the healthcare, education, or government sector
- Create high-quality mock-ups and presentations, demonstrating the ability to balance design aesthetics and open-source technical capabilities and limitations
- Standardize information design documentation and facilitate sharing and adoption throughout the agency
User Interface Designer
Unison Agency / Washington, DC / March 2012 – October 2012
- Front-end development skills, HTML5, CSS3/SASS & responsive design techniques, to create interactive prototypes
Web & Graphic Designer
Seven Twenty Strategies / Washington, DC / September 2010 – June 2011
- Create compelling, message-driven websites, infographics, and print designs for Public Affairs/Public Relations clients like GSK, BlueCross/BlueShield, and PhRMA
- Bachelor of Arts, Visual Arts
- University of Maryland—Baltimore County, Catonsville, MD